You’ve scheduled your tour and are ready to meet with us here at the Old Cigar Warehouse. You’re pumped to see the venue and begin this planning stage of your wedding. So what’s next? We suggest preparing a list of wedding details! In the past, we have experienced brides and grooms ask each other some of the most important questions about their wedding for the first time during their consultation with us. You might be asking, “What questions?!”…
We put together a list of the most important wedding aspects to discuss with your decision making team before you sit down for a venue consultation. Typically, your decision making team consists of the bride, groom, a close friend or family member, and/or anyone that will be helping out with the cost of the wedding. We highly encourage anyone that is coming to tour our venue to discuss these things beforehand in order to ensure that your appointment goes as smoothly as possible.
- Have you decided on a date for your wedding? It is helpful if you come with 3 potential dates in mind for your wedding day. Our venue’s calendar is filling up fast so the earlier that you book, the better chance you will have of getting the date that you want! Also, if your first pick is already booked, you’ll already have a few other dates in mind.
- What aspects of your wedding are most important to you? For some couples, the most important thing could be the bar selection and for others it may be the band or DJ. Come up with a list and prioritize these items based on importance to you and your fiancé.
- Have you determined your overall budget? Something to consider is how much you would like to spend on each aspect of the wedding, not just one number for the whole affair. Based on the prioritization of aspects that you have already considered, it will be easier to decide what things that you want to spend more on than others.
- Do you have a preliminary guest count? Not only are we interested in how many guests you are inviting as a whole, but what is good guaranteed minimum head count that we can go off of? Also remember to think about how many of those guests will be over and under the age of 21 if you would like alcohol to be served.
- What time of day do you want to get married? Morning? Afternoon? Evening? Once you have decided on this, come up with a general timeline for how you would like the day to go. Be thinking about how long the ceremony will be, if you would like to have a cocktail hour, when you want to eat, and how long you want the reception to run as a whole.
- Are you interested in having your ceremony with us, or off-site? Inside or outside? The answer to this is obviously a huge factor in how the day and initial layout will play out. Don’t forget brides: the type of dress you have should be easy to move in if you’re outside on a rock path opposed to inside on concrete!
- What style of food would you serve? Keep in mind the time of day that you would be serving food to guests. The typical options are: a plated meal, buffet style, or heavy hors d’oeuvres. This can tie into what seating you want to offer as well; sit-down, stand up cocktail tables, etc.
- Would you like alcohol to be served to your guests? Our exclusive bar provider at The Old Cigar Warehouse is Liquid Catering. They offer a wide variety of bar packages including beer, wine, and liquor to suit your needs.
- What type of entertainment would you like to have? The ultimate question: band or DJ? Each takes up a big chunk of your layout. As does a dance floor so we want to make sure we’re setting the space perfectly.
- Are you looking to hire a wedding planner or perhaps just a day-of coordinator? We would love to know who we will be working closely with the planning of your wedding. You’re busy, so it’s great to have someone else to call if we have some questions! If you’re seeking someone to just do the day-of coordination, we would be more than happy to provide that service.
All of these questions will help you wrap your head around the basics of your wedding. They also are going to be extremely helpful for us at The Old Cigar Warehouse to understand the logistics of your wedding. You’ll be glad come consultation time that you prepared yourself instead of drawing blanks, we promise!
If you are interested in touring our venue, please go to our website and fill out a web submission and we will be in touch to schedule a meeting with you! We can’t wait to get started!